Monday, November 12, 2007

selah


what is it that's so great about the christmas tree. as soon as it's up and i'm sitting in it's glow the world is gone and there's really nothing but peace. it's one of the few things that can shut my brain off instantly and keep it still so i can just rest. maybe that's why i decorate so early. or it could just be cause i'm nuts! which i also openly embrace. this year with my house being in the home tour i had to write up a little blurb about my decorating style, and name my house. ugh! so i named it "icy feathers", sounds like some stripper's name. giggle. i was kind of nervous cause amy and i both ended up doing a peacock tree. but they look nothing alike . makes me relieved. all us girls in the home tour are supposed to go and see each other's homes the Friday night before the home tour, since we can't go during, but i'm not totally convinced that i'm going. sounds silly i know, but i'm totally intimidated by other people's decorating. I KNOW! so weird for me to be intimated by anything, buy it's true. so here's to overcoming self doubt and hopefully i'll suck it up and leave my house. woo hoo! it's retreat stuff tomorrow!

No comments: