Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the tat story



so, here's our tat's. as you all know brock's symbol's are for the girls. each one for their name, hurray for geeky names! as for me, my second tat has a longer story but one really near to my heart. bout a year or more ago i was talking a bit with Rae about how God really sees you, as an individual, in His presence, and what, or how, he calls you by name. i've always been fascinated with names and their meanings, it seems to mean so much in the bible. and i love that. once God really found you, he would give you a "new name". that was so cool. so i started to pray for a "new name", not really thinking that anything would come of it cause it seemed a silly request from a little girl to a dad who had better things to do. then we were reading "Captivating" in our bible study and i was reading about how in the creation story, eve was not an afterthought purely made to make Adams life easier but "the crowning Jewel of creation", the world was not finished with out her. and as i read this chapter, the Lord spoke the name Eve to me. not at me, but to me. with so much love and tenderness it constantly blows me away. so now as an ever reminder i have "eve" tattooed on my right arm. i have the fish on my back to show what i am, and eve to show who i am to the Lord. and nothing is better than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. I thought to ask about Eve when I asked you about your tat the other night but made my own assumptions, which were partially correct, but your story is awesome!

Karen
And yes, very cool.

Anonymous said...

your my hero!
Penny